- About Us
- Why Riverside?
- Outreach & Training
- Students & Families
- Our Blog
Riverside School provides a unique learning environment for students in grade K-8 with language-based learning differences such as dyslexia.
- Founded in 1974 by Patricia W. DeOrio
- Serving students with dyslexia and similar language-based learning differences in grade K-8
- Provides small class sizes, one-on-one reading instruction, and a nurturing environment.
- Average Class Size: 1:1 for Language Fundamentals, 11:1 for Classroom
- Only school in Virginia that is accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators
- Only school in Virginia to offer one-on-one reading instruction to all students
- Capacity for 75 students
- Provides a nurturing environment that offers a campus including a library, gymnasium, academic classrooms, a language fundamentals department, and administrative offices
- Riverside is accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educator as both an educational facility and a teacher training program, as well as the International Dyslexia Association, and the Virginia Association of Independent Specialized Facilities.