- About Us
- Why Riverside?
- Outreach & Training
- Students & Families
- Our Blog
Our application process is designed to ensure that students who are accepted to Riverside School will benefit from the Orton-Gillingham approach. We best serve students of average or above intellectual ability who have language based learning disabilities, including dyslexia. We accept students with learning disabilities without regard to race, creed, religion, color, or national origin. Riverside School is not designed to meet the needs of students with emotional disabilities or cognitive ability below the average range.
- To proceed with the application process, please download and complete the 2017-2018 Admissions Application.Use the Admissions Checklist to help ensure that all forms are completed. Please include the application fee of $100. (made out to Riverside School) with your completed application.
- The Admissions Committee will review the application and all supporting documents. If it is felt that the applicant would benefit from instruction at Riverside, prospective parents will be contacted to come and meet with the Admissions Director for a more extensive tour of the school and an interview. This is an opportunity to learn more about Riverside’s teaching philosophy and how we see it as beneficial to your child’s cognitive profile.
- Prospective students will then be required to visit the school for an academic day. They will be placed in a classroom to be observed by the classroom teacher and meet with our staff for further screening and assessment.
- Following the testing review, the parent interview and the student visit, the Admissions Committee will reconvene to determine if Riverside is or is not an appropriate placement for the student. Parents will then be notified by phone and/or writing of the Committee’s decision to accept their child or our recommendations for more appropriate placements. Since we have a rolling admissions policy, a place may be offered immediately if a good classroom match is open, or the acceptance may be deferred until the following academic year.
- To secure your student’s placement at Riverside, a reservation deposit of $1,000. is due two weeks after notification of acceptance. The deposit will be applied towards tuition fees.